The Library and Information Center is the heart of our Institution. The Library has a comprehensive collection of 24750 volumes and 3000 titles in various disciplines. RLJIT is a member of the VTU Consortium for the subscription of online electronic resources and provides access to more than 6500 e-journals and 5000 e-books. The Library has a subscription to numerous general, technical magazines and newspapers.
The Library is fully automated with LIBSOFT 12.0 web version software with Integrated Library Management System (ILMS). The learning resources used by the students and the learning resources assimilate knowledge to accomplish academic excellence. The Library books can be easily accessed through the use of the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). The Library utilizes Dewey decimal classification method for all documents. Books are arranged on open shelves for easy access and quick retrieval. The Library has modern facilities and resources, with a seating capacity of 165 users. The main objective is to provide better services and facilities to support the Teaching, Learning, and Research activities. The Library is enabled with a Wi-Fi facility to access the resources efficiently.
To be a leading source of information centers in the academic research fields of science and technology.
To impart advanced, comprehensive, quality information to face the globally competitive world.
Mr. Shankar Reddy A N
S G Librarian
Mrs. Kathyayani A G
Mrs. Nalinakshi S
Mr. Manjunath T M
Mr. Jayaramaiah R H
Mrs. Nirmala C
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Books are issued to the students for 14 days only. On the last page, the slip is pasted and stamped, mentioning the due date and a nominal fine will be imposed on a daily basis from the due date till the book is returned to Library.
- It is instructed to take special care to maintain the College ID cum library borrower cards. Do not fold or alter entries made on the cards; members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower cards issued to them.
- If the borrowed books are lost, the concerned should pay the cost of the book/should submit a fresh copy of the same
- Loss of College ID cum library borrower card should be reported to the Librarian in writing. They will be issued a new replacement card on applicable payment.
* Membership Registration should be done to become a library member before using the library resources.
* Users have to deposit their bags at the Library property counter.
* Silence and discipline must be maintained in the Library.
* Readers should ensure that the cell phones are switched off or in silent mode at all times in the Library.
* Readers should not mark, write or tear pages in the documents. Readers shall be liable to pay any damages caused by them to the Library books and materials.
* No discussion is permitted inside the Library
* No personal belongings are allowed inside the Library.
* Personal and issued books should not be taken inside the Reference library.
* For log-in/log-out using the QR code of the ID card, a system is kept at the entrance counter. Scanning of ID is a must for entry/exit.
* All the services are for educational use only and are not to be used for any commercial purpose.
* Spitting, smoking, napping, drinking tea/coffee and edibles, and any other means which may disturb other users are strictly prohibited inside the Library.
* Users are not allowed to change, alter or vary any of the computer settings or install the software in the systems of the Library.
* The books and other materials being taken out of the Library should be shown to the library staff at the entrance counter.
* The Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on their card.
* The Librarian may recall any book from any member at any time, and the member should return the same immediately.
E-Resources are subscribed through VTU-E Consortium, and access can be availed of the resources using the URL:https://rljit.mapmyaccess.com. They can be accessed anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
Details of available E-Resources
IEEE proceeding order plan
Elsevier science direct
Taylor & Francis
Plagiarism Check Software
Writing grammar learning tool
The Library and Information Center has a provision to generate and certify the SIMILARITY INDEX Reports for the Thesis submitted by Research Scholars. This certification is mandated for the research scholars to submit their thesis/research papers. The Library uses TRNITIN(Plagiarism Detection Software) to generate SIMILARITY INDEX reports of thesis/research papers.
Also available is the Grammarly software to check the grammar/language of any content.